Awards, Memberships & Quality Marks
We are delighted to have received the following in recognition of our work:
Awards and accolades
2015: – Awarded “Top-Ranked” Organisation by Global Giving
– Re-awarded Specialist Quality Mark by Legal Aid Agency
2014: – Awarded Centre of Excellence status by the London Legal Support Trust.
– Shortlisted for the Liberty Human Rights “Close to Home” Award.
2013: – Nominated for the Una Padel Awards, run by the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies.
2012: – The Longford Prize, awarded by the Longford Trust. They said: “This courageous, persistent and independent organisation is an unsung national treasure, and plays a role that, we judges believe, is ever more vital at a time when legal aid is being cut.”
2011: – The Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Award, awarded by the Legal Aid Practitioners Group: “PAS combines the highest technical legal skills with outreach work, and has been at the heart of developing prisoners’ rights in this country.”
Membership of professional bodies:
- Association of Prison Lawyers (APL)
- Criminal Justice Alliance (CJA)
- The Detention Forum
- Discrimination Law Association
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- The Parole Board Users Group
- Public Lawyers in Non-Governmental Organisations (PLINGO)
- The Small Charities Coalition
- Our Treasurer is a qualified Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (FCA).
- Our Solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and undertake Continuing Professional Development.
- Our Fundraising & Communications Director has Individual Membership of the Institute of Fundraising.