Are you interested in prison and human rights law? Do you want to help the Prisoners’ Advice Service give UK prisoners advice and representation,
challenge bad practice and human rights abuses, and provide bulletins about changes in the law?
Can you spare two days a week or more for a minimum period of a month?
PAS is looking for committed summer interns who are prepared to get involved. You do not need to be a qualified lawyer but a legal degree and knowledge of human rights and public law would be an advantage.
An internship with PAS will give you experience of working in a small and busy legal team, and provide the opportunity to develop your legal skills.
You might be asked to:
• answer our legal advice line to prisoners across the country
• help at legal outreach clinics at prisons in the London area
• send information to prisoners on their legal rights
• draft legal advice letters
• conduct legal research
• contribute to our legal rights bulletin and newsletter
If you are interested please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org